Here it is! The best Dairy Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust! So easy to make as you steam the cauliflower and mash rather than grate and blend.
This dairy free cauliflower pizza base is a great low-carb way to have your pizza and eat it too. You can also use this pizza crust to sneak vegetables into your kid’s diet.
As you know this is not a “normal” pizza crust. You do end up eating this pizza with a fork and knife. But the ‘pop’ of the flavour that comes from this dish is so delicious that the entire pizza will be devoured guaranteed. The crust itself holds together, but it’s not something you can pick up with your hands either. Most people who have made variations of this pizza base swear they will ever eat regular pizza crust again.
Makes 12 servings – or 1 pizza i.e. the size of a standard cookie sheet
- 3 x medium heads cauliflower, steamed and cooked
- 6 x egg whites
- 1 x whole egg
- 2 x tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 x tablespoon Italian herb spice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the crust ingredients together in a large bowl or pot, using a potato masher. Smash until well blended and almost smooth consistency. A little lumpy is fine.
- On a well oiled cookie sheet* (use the one with sides, not the flat kind), spread the cauliflower out evenly and smoothly using a spatula. *I bought mine from Kitchenware Direct.
- Bake the crust for 30-minutes and remove from the oven.
- Top your pizza with one of the below toppings or choose your own.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Allow the pizza to cool.
- Drizzle pizza lightly with Waltanna Farms flaxseed oil.
- Be careful if you have kids eating this dish. The pizza base really holds on to the heat. So break the crust up for the kids to check on the temperature.
For 1 slice i.e. 1/12 of the entire recipe
Total Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Sodium: 320 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 8 g
For ‘inside the metabolic window’ of intense exercise:
Italian Goat’s Cheese and Veggie Supreme
- baby spinach
- basil pesto
- green olives, halved
- sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- soft goat’s cheese
Crispy Bacon, Artichoke and Ricotta
- artichoke hearts, drained
- sweet potato, sliced and panfried
- black olives, halved
- bacon rashers
For ‘outside the metabolic window’ of intense exercise:
Beef, Basil, Tomato and Mozzarella
- lean beef mince
- red onion, sliced
- garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- cherry tomatos, halved
- mozzarella, torn
- basil leaves, to serve (optional)
Ham, Mushroom and Rocket
- basil pesto
- mushrooms, sliced
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- ham, chopped
Always know your high energy carbs are inside the window of intense exercise, and low energy carbs are for all other times. With this knowledge you have the power to design the most delicious and nutritious pizza to feed your soul, training and health goals. xx