‘Protein Powder MasterChefs’ in-the-making… Here’s a perfect Mother’s Day breakfast loaded with protein and vitamins. Another great idea using a scoop of protein powder that leaves the filler to the imagination.
Day 3 – SWEET AND SAVOURY CREPES will make your Mum smile!
Ingredients and Instructions:
1. Beat together 2 x large Eggs and 3 x tablespoons Milk.
2. Add about 1 x scoop of Protein Powder (I prefer plain flavoured whey), so the batter has a runny consistency.
3. Cook a thin layer on a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Fill with baked apples (pictured).
5. For a savoury crepe, stuff with mushrooms, baby spinach, and goats cheese.
BAKED APPLE FILLING:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a shallow baking pan, combine the slices from 2 x Apples, a dash of Cinnamon, a dash of Nutmeg, 2 x tablespoons Melted Butter, and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
3. Cover with aluminium foil and bake until apples are tender, approximately 45 minutes.
P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s recipe – Banana or Strawberry Pudding